Cambodia is a nation busting at its seam with culture, religion, history and art. As soon as you land you will feel as though you have entered an enchanted realm, where the ancient classical days meet the new modern and technological days, a Buddha Monk in their attire walking side by side with a high fashion model in Phnom Penn. But as you make travel arrangements don’t forget to have a couple of well taken passport photos, you really want to avoid getting stranded at the Immigration office just because of such a minute detail. They also come extremely in handy if you want to go by sea or by land to neighboring Thailand or Vietnam to get the whole South East Asia experience.
Anyone seeking acceptance to travel in and out of Cambodia should posses the right documents to do so. The document should come attached with an appropriate passport photo. As per the Ministry of Immigration the passport photo should meet the following credentials;
• The photo should not be more than six months old to ensure to capture your face as per present.
• The photo should be in color, with the color gradient well adjusted.
• It should be taken in a neutral background so as to increase focus on your face.
• It’s mandatory that the photo pass some size test- it should be 2 by 2 inches or 5.5 by 5.5 cm, it should be 1200 by 1200 pixels maximum to a minimum of 600 to 600 pixels.
• The photo should be as plain and natural as possible hence neutral facial expression and neutral clothing options; you want to draw attention to your face for fast and definitely easy recognition.
• The facial details on the passport photos should be well seen hence draw back hair so that even the ears are captured, the color of your eyes should be identifiable too.
• It’s recommended that the face should be at the centre of it all with the nose being 1 ” inches by 1 ” inches in the photo.Departments of Immigration not only in Cambodia but also in other states take passport photos very seriously; it is the most important aspect of your travel document. They file it both in hardcopy and softcopy; just in case you get lost in the Cambodian rainforest outside Phnom Penn they can circulate a recent and very clear image of you for your easy identification.
Cambodia has so much to offer, the diverse animal and plant life due to its stringent policy on protection of nature as part of their Buddhist culture. With phenomenon Ancient temples and palaces of one of South East Asia’s greatest and still in existent dynasty, so much do, so much to see and so much to experience in Cambodia.